5.10.2010

tastemaker: rita konig


The ever-stylish Rita Konig's home is featured in New York Magazine's 2010 home design issue.  You may be familiar with Konig.  She's a New York Times blogger, interior designer, author, former domino contributor and daughter of London interior designer Nina Campbell.  Whew.  That's a lot of titles and I know I'm leaving out a few....  What I really enjoyed about her latest apartment spread is that I can compare how she's repurposed the same pieces that lived in her old apartment featured in a 2008 issue of domino.  Check it all out below.




These photos of her tiny NYC apartment were first published in the October 2008 issue of domino.  I love the gold pig on the mantel!






How cute is this car?  I wonder if its hers or if it was just a prop for the photo shoot....
I would love to get my hands on the wallpaper used in her entryway.  I think I remember this photo from the Domino Book of Decorating, so I'll have to leaf through my copy tonight to see if I can find the source.  

Rita is also the talent behind this bathroom featured in domino.  I immediately tore this page out of my copy for my inspiration binder. I think it's a nice model for a bachelor pad bathroom.

More Rita-related links:
1. Her T-Magazine blog posts 
2. A 2007 profile from All The Best
4. Entertaining tips from Food and Wine magazine.
5. Five decorating tips via Apartment Therapy.
6. An upholstery makeover via Apartment Therapy.
images via New York Magazine | domino magazine

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails