7.30.2010

a feast for the eyes

lavender lemonade from sunday suppers
To kick off the weekend, I'd like to give a nice plug for one of the most visually stunning blogs out there, Sunday Suppers.  Every time I visit their website, I am always in awe of this team's talent.  Every last detail from the photos, to design, to recipes is perfection.  The photos are particularly wonderful because they make me want to stop what I am doing and cook.  They're a definite feast for the eyes.

I thought a little lavender lemonade would be a perfectly refreshing drink for this weekend.  Here's the Sunday Suppers recipe:

Lavender Lemonade
* 2 cups sugar
* 5 sprigs lavender (stems and buds), plus additional for garnish
* 2 cups fresh lemon juice (from about 10 lemons)
* 1/2 cup fresh lime juice (from about 4 limes)
Directions:
In a large saucepan, bring one gallon of water and the sugar to a boil. Remove from heat; add 7 lavender sprigs and lemon and lime juices. Cool to room temperature, strain, and chill. Serve on ice, with additional lavender for garnish.

Enjoy and have a fantastic weekend!

image via sunday suppers

2 comments:

  1. Sunday Suppers is one of my new faves...lovin your blog as well! Thanks so much for following mine...have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same to you! Hope you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails