8.02.2010

mirror, mirror...

house beautiful 
I've been mentally planning out my kitchen remodeling project (tentatively scheduled for early Spring 2011), and I came across a few pictures that caught my eye.  I had always planned to do a white subway tile backsplash (maybe in a herringbone pattern since I don't have herringbone wood floors), but I may be swayed in another direction...mirrors!

The kitchen in the place I'm moving into is narrow and a bit small (especially for me since I like to spend time in the kitchen).  While I was perusing the photo gallery for kitchens on the House Beautiful website, I came across these two pictures with notes that the mirrored backsplash can be a great way to make a small kitchen feel bigger.  They've definitely got me thinking.  What do you think?

house beautiful
images via housebeautiful.com

2 comments:

  1. jen,
    I think it's a great idea. I really like it. hmmmm, wonder if I can steal it! :)
    KJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course you can steal it Karen! We are birthday twins after all.... I think you should do it and let me know how it works out for you :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails