9.02.2010

worlds colliding


the newly re-decorated oval office (President Barack Obama)
Washington was abuzz Tuesday morning with the news that the President had redecorated the Oval Office.  I welcomed the news and photos with open arms.  It was like my two worlds were colliding.  Politics + Decor = Jen

I've only seen one Oval Office in person.  I'll leave it to your imagination to guess which one, but here are two tidbits of fun info.  First, the Oval Office is much smaller than you would think (sort-of like when you see a celebrity in person -  they're always shorter than you'd imagine).  Second, the photos can never do it justice.  It's stunning and all-around awesome in person.

I thought I'd put together a nice little collection of Oval Office photos throughout the years.  I absolutely LOVE photos of presidents in the oval office.  Serious or light-hearted; I love them all.  If I had my druthers, I'd likely decorate my Oval Office in a combination of the Obama and Bush 43 color palates with the light blue rug from Bush 41's office.

If you had the opportunity to redecorate the Oval Office, what colors and/or pieces would you use?

*Note: I get enough of the political back-and-forth during my day job and prefer to keep the comments section drama-free.   Please refrain from posting political comments and keep it focused on design.  Thanks!

President George W. Bush's Oval Office
President Bill Clinton's Oval Office
President George H.W. Bush's Oval Office
President Ronald Reagan's Oval Office
President Jimmy Carter's Oval Office
President Lyndon B. Johnson's Oval Office (replica @ Johnson Library)
President John F. Kennedy's Oval Office (installed on the day of his assassination)
President Kennedy's Oval Office in 1961 (using Eisenhower/Truman decor)
President Franklin D. Roosevelt's - the first modern Oval Office
detail photo of the flooring under the oval-shaped rug | installed in 2005
images via washington post | white house museum website

3 comments:

  1. I like W's office a lot--I feel like the new oval office is very mustard looking---

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never really thought about that, but you're totally right! Very mustardy :) I still love BO's velvet couches. They're the same color as the sofa I just ordered this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post Jen! Love the wallpaper they added looks very sharp!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails